mercoledì 6 maggio 2015

... and this is my lifelong learning ...

The school where I teach is a secondary school in the centre of Bologna. It is a very old and historical building, so at the beginning technology seemed quite a nonsense within the classrooms of our ancient convent...
But furthermore we began to implement the use of ICT: first of all, the computers room, then some electronic whiteboards in some classes, then some pc and now we have got two classes where we "experiment" a mixed and mobile setting done by netbooks, notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Some of them have been bought by the school, some of them are BYOD.
If I have to tell the truth, I could not come back to my first "pen and paper" eve... Students are much more engaged in their own learning process, learn much more one from each other and have access a much wider range of knowledge than before.
Some colleagues of mine have the same frame of mind, some don't ... but I strongly believe that our students will engage them ... We just have to wait a little more...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento